In this episode, Karl Sakas walks us through the differences in strategy for agencies who want to sell their business vs those who want to own it and fund their lifestyle. We talk specific metrics to measure & optimize, strategy changes and actionable tips to achieve your goals.
Karl Sakas helps agency owners increase profits and reduce stress, by conquering growing pains. As a management consultant and executive coach at Sakas & Company, Karl has advised hundreds of agencies on every inhabited continent.
He is the author of "Made to Lead," "The In-Demand Marketing Agency," and more than 300 articles on agency management on what we believe is one of the best agency blogs on the internet.
When he’s not helping clients, Karl is an award-winning Past President of AMA Triangle and volunteers as a bartender on a 1930s railroad car.
Resources from Karl
- Agency Growth Style (Lifestyle vs. Equity) blog: https://sakasandcompany.com/agency-growth-style/
- Making yourself "needed but not necessary" blog: https://sakasandcompany.com/needed-but-not-necessary/
- The "pile of crack" analogy, on sales pipeline strength: https://sakasandcompany.com/feast-or-famine/
- Preparing to sell, by building a "Dream 100 Acquirer" list: https://sakasandcompany.com/get-acquired/
- Free weekly tips: https://sakasandcompany.com/newsletter/
- Agency Resource Library (50+ time-saving agency tools, templates, and SOPs): https://sakasandcompany.com/agency-resource-library/
Follow Karl Online